Colopy Ventures founds and funds startups around Durham, North Carolina. If you are interested in funding, please review our investment process.
A round-up of our current portfolio is detailed below.
Colopy Ventures internally started these projects:
- Wrangle Labs democratizes data science by letting you easily analyze and clean data sets in the cloud. Durham, NC (operates out of CV office.)
Brewing. January 2019.
- GrepBeat tells the news and views of tech entrepreneurs and their startups for Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas. Durham, NC (operates out of CV office.)
Launched. August 2018.
We led the seed round for:
- Seguno is embedded email marketing for the Shopify e-commerce platform. Durham, NC (operates out of CV office.)
Lead Seed Investor. May 2018.
We also invested in these local venture funds:
- IDEA Fund Partners is an early stage venture investor in North Carolina and throughout the Southeast. Durham, NC
- Triangle Angel Partners is an angel fund in the Triangle (obviously!) Chapel Hill, NC.
- Carolina Angel Network is a network of alumni, faculty, etc., associated with UNC-Chapel Hill, that invests in early stage startups. Chapel Hill, NC
Although not our model going forward, we were a small part of larger rounds for these startups:
- Spiffy is an on-demand car wash and maintenance company, led by seasoned entrepreneur Scot Wingo. Durham, NC.
- EmployUs offers a software-as-a-service platform for medium and large enterprises to optimize their employee referral programs. Cary, NC.
- Lumedica is disrupting the expensive ophthalmologist equipment market with new imaging technologies. Durham, NC.