Colopy Ventures founds and funds startups around Durham, North Carolina. If you are interested in funding, please review our investment process.
A round-up of our current portfolio is detailed below.
Colopy Ventures led the seed round for these startups:
- Seguno seamlessly integrates with e-commerce platforms to offer the next generation of commerce marketing automation. They are currently embedded on the Shopify platform. Durham, NC (operates out of CV office.)
Lead Seed Investor. May 2018.
- Pugbee simplifies collaboration by letting you easily share spaces of documents and files across your team or company. Durham, NC (operates out of CV office.)
Lead Seed Investor. February 2018.
On the “founding” side, here is our most recent creation:
- GrepBeat tells the news and views of entrepreneurs and their startups based around Raleigh-Durham and its surrounding areas. Durham, NC (operates out of CV office.)
Launched. August 2018.
To support startups in an indirect way, we invested in these local venture funds:
- IDEA Fund Partners is an early stage venture investor in North Carolina and throughout the Southeast. Durham, NC
- Triangle Angel Partners is an angel fund in the Triangle (obviously!) Chapel Hill, NC.
- Carolina Angel Network is a network of alumni, faculty, etc., associated with UNC-Chapel Hill, that invests in early stage startups. Chapel Hill, NC
Although not our model going forward, we were a small part of a larger round for these startups:
- Spiffy is an on-demand car wash and maintenance company, led by seasoned entrepreneur Scot Wingo. Durham, NC.
- EmployUs offers a software-as-a-service platform for medium and large enterprises to optimize their employee referral programs. Cary, NC.
- Lumedica is disrupting the expensive ophthalmologist equipment market with new imaging technologies. Durham, NC.